In the face of uncertainty over the skills shortage and the election result, our series of sector focus whitepapers provides insight and advice into how to overcome the issues facing your industry. Sectors covered to date include the public sector, healthcare, engineering, retail, banking and finance and tech.
Download your copies below:-
The UK’s public sector employs over 5.3 million people but employee levels are falling and the sector faces a series of threats, including automation and a crisis in the teaching profession. Our report explores:-
- Automation – 850,000 jobs in the public sector are at risk of being replaced.
- Recruitment bias in the police force.
- The crisis in the teaching profession – England is facing a potential shortage of 19,000 senior teachers by 2022.
The UK’s healthcare sector has reached crisis point. NHS staff shortages, the ageing population, funding and the uncertainty surrounding Brexit mean the industry faces its biggest ever challenges.
Our report covers:-
- Pressure on services.
- Accusations of bias.
- The Brexit effect.
- Funding and the use of agency staff.
- Staffing shortages affecting GPs, the nursing profession and mental health services.
Engineering contributes significantly to the UK’s economy. Engineering UK reports a sector turnover of £1.2 trillion, representing 27% of GDP and an industry which employs in excess of 5.5 million people, yet it faces troubling skills shortages.
Our report discusses:-
- The extent of the skills shortage – an extra 182,000 people are needed in the sector every year between now and 2022.
- The struggle to attract female talent - only 8% of engineering employees are women.
- The growing influence of the Internet of Things (IoT).
- Initiatives being taken to address the shortage of graduates. Double the current number are needed to meet demand.
The UK’s retail sector is in a state of crisis. With widespread shop closures, a reputation for poorly paid jobs and the disappearance of long established high street brands it faces an uncertain future.
Our report explores the impact of the National Living Wage, automation, e-commerce and Brexit on retail brands.
Banking & Finance
Increasing automation, the skills shortage and disruptive technology are forcing a review of the traditional business model. Our banking and finance sector reports explores:-
- The highest paying positions in the industry
- The concern affecting 87% of CFOs
- 5 key banking and finance trends
- The threat of fintech
- 9 steps to transforming your talent acquisition success
We examine the state of the UK’s tech sector covering:-
- The trends affecting the market today.
- The job search habits of the UK’s tech talent, including the most popular cities for tech professionals to work.
- The most significant challenges facing the market.
- How to attract tech talent to your brand.
Subscribe to our blog for our upcoming reports - including an indepth report on the cybersecurity skills shortage coming soon - and discussions across the entire talent recruitment life cycle.
Advorto’s recruitment software is used by some of the world’s leading organisations to hire better people faster. Find out why. Start your 30 day free trial today.