The nursing recruitment crisis facing the NHS has been brought into sharp focus this week. For the first time, the number of people joining the Nursing and Midwifery Council is lower than the number of those leaving it.
Between 2016 and 2017, 45% more UK based nurses and midwives left the register than joined it.
The number of new applicants from the EU also fell dramatically from 1,304 in July 2016 to 46 in April 2017.
Our in-depth article examines the issues causing the exodus of nursing staff and explores the latest initiatives taken to address the problem, together with the urgent requirement for long-term workforce planning.
Advorto works with NHS trusts to identify and resolve critical hiring issues, including:-
- Sifting imported applications with full auditing to confirm relevant checks have been carried out, ready for inspection by the CQC.
- Provision of flexible and cost-effective configuration to meet the requirements of frequent regulatory changes.
- Importing candidates applying via NHS Jobs into a compatible system.
- Provide an interface with the electronic staff register.
- Facilitate rapid approval and posting of vacancies.
Contact us today to discuss how we can help your Trust to hire better people faster.
For a detailed look at the issues facing healthcare recruitment in the UK, our Healthcare Sector Focus is available to download here.