Chaos Theory suggests that there is a connection behind everything, despite random appearance. After reading 30 HR blog posts in the past 24 hours
I am not sure I completely agree.
Recruitment 2.0 is pleased to host the Carnival of HR. It's an eclectic group of posts from the trenches of Human Resources. So sit back, have a coffee, and be amazed...
Denise O'Berry from Team Doc shows us how to encourage cross training on your team.
Chris Young from the Maximize Possibility Blog offers career advice to college graduates.
Strategic HMC Blog's John Ingham gives some guidance on HR 2.0 strategy.
April Dowling of Pseudo HR posts on passion -- safe for work.
HR Minion sends in some great advice on saving face.
Lisa Rosendahl asks why do you blog?
Ben at Upstart HR questions what are we learning?
Wally at Three Star Leadership shares more leaders vs. managers nonsense.
The HR Bartender, Sharlyn Lauby, wonders if we really mean what we say in The Apology Crutch.
The TalentedApps team sends in “What Does Kevin Bacon Think of Our Innovation?” which describes how social networks in organizations can help form “weak ties” that in turn increase the likelihood of innovation.
Michael D. Haberman of HR Observations waxes lyrical about Zappos from an HR viewpoint.
- Human Race Horses's Michael Vandervort points out seven people appointed by President Obama that he thinks will change HR dramatically in 2009.
- Wayne Turmel of Management Issues asks if it is never to early to distrust HR.
- Intellectual Capital Consulting's Cathy Missildine-Martin shed's light on what your employee metrics say about your company philosophy.
- Rachel Salley who blogs at Musings From the Career Anarchist lets of some steam in just when we started getting used to E-Verify ... here comes NEVA!
- Productivity Blog's Erik Samdahl ponders HR metrics: What do high-performing companies track?
- HR Forum wonders how the Swine flu outbreak could affect US workplaces.
- Nina Simosko reminds us we are only what we do.
- Twisted HR knowledge shares Cross-Over in a Globalized World, which was shortlisted by NHRD for a ‘special jury award’ and will be published in the NHRD Journal.
- Nick Jefferson points out the importance of clarity.
- Steve Roesler who blogs at All Things Workplace gives us: Language Matters: 5 Tips To Make Things Happen.
- Stacy Chapman shares some tips for strategic planning.
- Ryan Johnson wonders where US healthcare is all going to end up.
- Trisha McFarlane of HR Ringleader tells us to Knock It Off!- Lessons in Leadership from the Deadliest Catch.
- Dan McCarthy of Great Leadership gives us The Leader of the Future: Ten skills to begin developing now.
- Acquire Blog's Lois Melbourne send us her thoughts on the leadership book, Playing the Enemy (summary: it's all about respect).
- The HR Store points out that less could be more.
- And HR Bytes reminds us to value your talent.
So there you go: thirty completey random blog posts. But I wonder, are they?
PS -- The May 27 Carnival will be hosted by Denise O'Berry at Team Doc.
Photo credit: greg foster